Breathtaking view from the Community Centre's spacious deck stretches
from Cape Turnagain in the north to Castlepoint in the South
click images to enlarge
© 2002 Akitio Community Centre - All Rights Reserved
Akitio Beach Community Centre
67 The Esplanade
RD 2 Akitio Beach 5470
Phone 06 374 3508
Email for Bookings
View location map
The centre has four dormitories situated below. Each dormitory
sleeps 12 people. Its superior kitchen includes 2 fridges, freezer,
microwaves, toasters, fan bake ovens and large catering style bain-marie.
There is an audio system plus 52" television with video and
stereo sound system.
The main hall (18m x 14m) is fully heated. It has a fully equipped
laundry and separate paraplegic facilities.
Catering is available for small or large groups - lunches, dinners,
conferences, parties, weddings etc.
- Fishing - river mouth, surfcasting, deep sea
- Diving - for crayfish, paua and kina
- Surfing - well known surfing break
- Boating - kayaking, local boat club, launching off sandy shore
- Scenic biking - ride on country roads or through farm tracks
- High country farms and homesteads
- Safe swimming
- One of the best rocky shores in New Zealand